Contact Control Interfaces is a company developing technologies that enable natural feeling interactions via their proprietary haptic systems. We are currently looking to hire an eager individual with an entrepreneurial mindset looking to bring success to our growing company.
Contact CI is looking for a detail-oriented industrial sewing machine operator to join their Product Development team. The ideal candidate should have prior experience sewing and creating patterns for gloves.
- Over-the-Rhine, Cincinnati
- On site
- From $17 per hour
- Assemble soft goods components onto haptic gloves using industrial single needle machine, overlock machine, and hand sewing.
- Sew woven and cut + sew materials
- Assist with repairs from returned gloves when necessary
- Work with Lead Soft Goods designer to resolve assembly issues by altering dimensions to meet specifications and implement process improvements.
- Self lead rapid proto making when no pattern is available.
- Inspect finished product to ensure results meet company standards
- Able to maintain standard upkeep of sewing machines in office, diagnose and repair when necessary
- Keep accurate record of materials needed to alter and repair product and keeps supervisor informed on supply usage
- 3+ years of industrial sewing experience
- Experience conducting Softgoods QA
- Professional, diligent, reliable, and inspires trust
- Self-starter with willingness to support the product team
- Willingness to learn new skills and grow with the company
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Hours are part time to start and can move up to full time if it's a good fit.
- Interview process will include a project
- Glove Construction and alteration knowledge
- An eye for scaling processes with company growth
- Takes instruction well but will take initiative in completing tasks on a day-to-day
- Knowledge of immersive technologies
- ICHRA-Based Health Insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Flexible schedule.
The above qualifications are not an exhaustive list of requirements. Instead, please consider them as merely guidelines. We encourage any and all candidates, who have the capabilities to achieve the goals of this job and impact the broader success of Contact CI, to apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employment: At Contact CI, we are an equal opportunity employer. We value and support diversity amongst our employees and employee candidates. If you require a specific accommodation during the interview process please notify our team in your preferred manner to coordinate proceeding accordingly.